Thursday, June 10, 2010

More Like You

There is a phenomenal amount of people behind Clark right now. Many who we know, and others who we don't, are offering their money, time, and services to help. There is an incredibly gigantic feet ahead of us that alone, is almost impossible. But with the overwhelming support we have received, I know we can do the impossible. Within a matter of hours, there are fundraisers being organized across the country including the selling or bracelets and T-shirts, benefit concerts, 5k/10k runs, raffles, yard sales, donation boxes, radio adds, and more. What a force you are! I have been so touched by you. I wonder what I would do if I was in a similar situation, having read about a friend or stranger who needed help. I think I would say, "I'm too far away to help," "I don't have enough money to donate," "I wish there was something I could do but I don't know what." Hopefully I will never say those things again. Even though they are true, you have shown me that there is always some way to help. Your example is forever etched in my heart and will move my hands to action. Thank you!

I received a call to day from Orrin Hatch's office letting me know that everyone in their office is aware of our situation. "In fact," she said, "everyone in the state is aware of this situation." She dropped the names of a couple other people in high up places that we have caught the attention of. She said, "I don't know how you're doing this, but you have reached a lot of important people in a short amount of time." I responded, "Just so you know, the few phone conversations with you is all that I have done myself. The rest has been done by the free will of all of Clark's followers." She was very impressed. She said she was just calling to update me and assure me that this matter is not being pushed aside. I said, "Thank you for letting us know that because we have not received even that much consideration in the past. It helps us keep moving."

No comments: